Wednesday, December 06, 2006

He's Baaaack......

It's hard to believe that it's only been a little more than a week since I've officially started work here at GCR. With the moving, new job, new school, new everything... it feels more like a couple of months. I've been so busy I've not even been able to wash my car. It still has bird poop from Corpus on the roof. I may leave it there for memories sake.

My first official Sunday went well, I thought. The most important thing is that God was honored. The program flowed well and the theme was carried throughout the morning. The central idea was expressed in several different formats; song, message, scripture, and video. It culminated in the special offering for single parents, which ended up way beyond anyone's expectations. All in all, it was a great morning. For those interested, I'll post the order here in a moment.

The kids are doing very well. Ashley is loving her new dance studio. Austin is adapting, although we really need to get him spending some time with new friends. Sherri is having some medical difficulties, so please say a pray for her, wherever you are.

I need to run and do some fun stuff. It's time to run by the Cingular store and pick my new phone. I'm thinking Samsung Blackjack. hehehehe


Order of Worship
Golf Course rd Church of Christ
Dec. 3, 2006

We Have Come to Worship Him

Welcome

We Have Come to Worship Him – cho only
I Stand Amazed
Above All
I Stand in Awe

Prayer time
Jesus Draw Me Close
Lord Have Mercy
Scripture reading – ooh softly as Ps. 103:1-12 is read
Lord Have Mercy – cho x 2

Communion
Offering (Christmas version by Paul Baloche)

Contribution
Video: What If?
Lord I Give You My Heart

Message: Road Trip – The Magi

Here I am to Worship
I Need You More

Special Offering
God Will Make a Way

Closing Comments

I Stand Amazed – cho

2 comments:

John Owens said...

GARY MOYERS!!! Wow, what a blast from my past. I'm enjoying finding out what you've been up to the last couple of years. Sounds like your fall has been quite a whirlwind in so many ways. I know that God will use you in great ways at GCR. Look forward to hearing about this journey.

Gary Moyers said...

Jon O? That you? What's up bro? Good to hear from you again. Where are you now?