Monday, January 08, 2007

A Real Character

We've just begun a new series at GCR. It's a six-week series entitled "A Real Character." We are examining Godly character traits as exhibited through different characters in the Bible. The first week dealt with endurance as shown through Noah.

Our production team put our collective heads together (which is tough since we all have big heads anyway) and came up with what I think is a pretty "novel" idea. We decided to present the series in a graphic novel/comic book style. Every piece of print, artwork, and stage set is done "Frank Millerish."

What makes this so much easier is a program that came pre-installed on my Mac called "Comic Life." This fabulous program is available from Plasq and you can find out more about it on their site.

Take a look at the link below. It will lead you to a PDF of the first weeks comic book. I hope you like it. It came out of my computer, but it was a team effort.

http://homepage.mac.com/garymoyers/comiclife/

And for those of you who try to copy and paste and delete the last part of the URL to find my dot Mac homepage, I have not created it yet. Sorry...

1 comment:

Shane Coffman said...

I love the comic book idea and implementation. I think that opens an extra door for the message to communicate with certain personality types and ages. Good, creative thinking!