Thursday, October 19, 2006

The New Band & More Trips

I've not posted for a few days. I was out of town for the first part of the week and my host didn't really have a good iNet setup. So, I'm back home and here I am. What do I have to say?

We had our first joint rehearsal tonight with the merged bands in the new merged church. It was quite an experience. We had our full band and singers, plus one singer and one electric guitarist from the other church. Plus their worship leader. I believe it will work out well.

As we rehearsed, I heard a few things that I probably would have changed had it been my band... but it's not anymore and I did not feel it my place to do so. This is now Jackie's baby and I want her to proceed as she likes. My taste in arrangements is not what's most important. The final sound will be good and God will be praised. That's all that really matters.

I am returning to Midland soon with my family in tow. It will be my third trip in four weeks, but their first. I am anxious for my children to see Midland. They have great anxiety about moving away from Corpus Christi and I want them to experience their possible new home before they actually arrive to move in.

When we moved from Tennessee to Texas, we did not tell them (the kids) until 2 weeks before moving day. We thought it would be better not to worry them. Boy was that ever a mistake. It traumatized them. So this time they have known that we might move since the day I learned the same. They are still pretty emotional over the whole thing, but at least they've had time to process it.

During our next trip there, we hope to let them get a good feel for the town. Sherri and I have several sets of interviews we must go through, but we also have lots of free time. We will check out Midland Christian School and see what that's like. I believe they even have a game on Saturday afternoon so Ashley can see the marching band. We also want to check into some dance academies.

I'm not sure what Austin will want to see yet. And I don't know if we want to look for a house or not. We may be forced to rent for a while until we can sell our house in Corpus.

More later...

No comments: