Thursday, October 05, 2006

Resumes and Airplanes

Not much to say today. I've sent out a few more resumes to churches I've found online. If something came out of those, it would be a God-thing, because these are totally cold-call situations.

I am flying out Saturday to another church to fill in for their current worship leader. He is going to the Zoe Conference. It should be a lot of fun. This particular church has a long history of great singers. They have four worship teams (that's 32 singers) that rotate throughout the month. I look forward to it.

I am eager to hear back from the first church I visited. They have told me I will not learn of my standing until after Oct. 15. I believe they have someone else coming in to interview for the position (Chief of Staff). I've learned that since my interview, the teaching pastor (pulpit guy) has resigned, so that makes two positions open. I know of a third who will be resigning soon, so that will make things very unstable for the time being. This is a great church, averaging 100 baptisms each quarter. I pray that God will continue to sustain them through these tough times.

More later...

No comments: